Friday, November 2, 2007

Angels among us...

At least among my growing stock of soaps.

While I see areas that I missed while cleaning up the first layer, and while I see areas where I pulled up the first layer during the same cleanup (allowing the second layer to slip underneath in a spot or two, mostly on the angel in the upper right hand corner.) I'm still really happy with how these turned out.

Forgive the glare from the flash, the sapphire mica is shimmery and very reflective.
By the way, it's the camera that's crooked, not the soap.

These are scented with Bramble Berry's limited edition Winter Grapefruit; a blend of fresh grapefruit, juniper, and Italian Lemon (Invigorating and fresh...YUM!)

My mother had requested four of these as special Christmas presents to people at work, so she had final say on colors. I really wanted to go with a cameo look for these soaps, so we compromised and are both happy with the results.

I think I'm going to be doing another batch of these though, with a matte black background and an ivory (while subtle hints of red) opalescent for the angels. While the shimmer on shimmer is lovely, I think the shimmer/opalescent on matte will have more of an impact. It will also give me an excuse to use Bramble Berry's Sleigh Ride! (Orange, Green Apple and winding with peppermint and cloves)

I managed to snap a picture of the the elusive Spotted Lavender (with dried lavender buds) soap while it was resting on my drying rack, next to the common Coffee and Dark Chocolate soap. (One of these days, I'll manage to capture the even more elusive Swirled Lavender, even though I'm beginning to think that there is no such beast.)
I also got a picture of the Dragon's Blood bars (left) and a teasing glimpse of the Orange Spice soap (to the right.)

No comments: